• More affordable housing is needed in the Parkland region.
• Meridian Housing Foundation operates at zero vacancies, and its current wait list averages 150 people.
• The most pressing needs for affordable housing in the region are for older adults, including our veterans.
• People that spend 30% or more of total household income on shelter expenses are defined as having a “housing affordability” problem.
• Single seniors and women are particularly at risk of living in poverty simply because they need to cover their basic living costs without any income from a spouse.
• 28% of single female seniors and 24% of single male seniors are living in poverty in Canada.
How do I apply to live in Folkstone Manor?
Applications for residency are available. Please contact Meridian Housing Foundation at 780-963-2149 or visit Folkstone Manor information page.
I am under 55 years of age. Can I still apply to live at Folkstone Manor?
Yes, you can apply. Your name will be added to the waitlist. However, you must be 55 to gain residency.
What will the rent be?
Folkstone Manor will offer a mixed model of affordable and market rent units.
Will Folkstone Manor be pet friendly?
All Meridian Housing Foundation properties are pet-free.
Will extra services be offered at Folkstone Manor, such as housekeeping and meals?
Folkstone Manor is an independent living facility. Residents are welcome to engage outside services.