• More affordable housing is needed in the Parkland region.
• Meridian Housing Foundation operates at zero vacancies, and its current wait list averages 150 people.
• The most pressing needs for affordable housing in the region are for older adults, including our veterans.
• People that spend 30% or more of total household income on shelter expenses are defined as having a “housing affordability” problem.
• Single seniors and women are particularly at risk of living in poverty simply because they need to cover their basic living costs without any income from a spouse.
• 28% of single female seniors and 24% of single male seniors are living in poverty in Canada.
How do I apply to live in Folkstone Manor?
Applications for residency are not yet available. Please contact Meridian Housing Foundation at 780-963-2149 to add your name on our information list. You will be contacted when applications are available.
I am under 55 years of age. Can I still apply to live at Folkstone Manor?
Yes, you can apply. Your name will be added to the waitlist.
What will the rent be?
Folkstone Manor will offer a mixed model of affordable and market rent units.
Will Folkstone Manor be pet friendly?
All Meridian Housing Foundation properties are pet-free.
Will extra services be offered at Folkstone Manor, such as housekeeping and meals?
Folkstone Manor is an independent living facility. Residents are welcome to engage outside services.